m (→Involvement in research, education and projects)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
*[[Training in R|GEOSTAT 5-day training course]] for PhD students;
*[[Training in R|GEOSTAT 5-day training course]] for PhD students
== Carrier highs ==
== Carrier highs ==
Revision as of 15:50, 22 June 2014
- Date and place of birth: 15.01.1974, Osijek, Croatia
- Citizenship: Croatian
- Professional degrees:
- Other education: "Scientific writing" and "Presentation skill" courses given by Cressie communications at ITC
Senior researcher at ISRIC World Soil Information Institute
Internationaal Bodemreferentie en Informatie Centrum - ISRIC, Wageningen UR
- Tel: +31-(0)317-484199
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialities: spatio-temporal data analysis, geostatistics, digital soil mapping and monitoring of natural resources, geoinformation technologies (GIS)...
The complete list of publications
Involvement in research, education and projects
- 2012--??: Project leader of the Global Soil Information Facilities (50-60%); AfSIS (30-40%) and support ISRIC (database systems, ICT and the like).
- 2010--2012: GlobalSoilMap (60-70%); SOTER (10-20%) and support ISRIC (database systems, ICT and the like; 10-20%).
- 2007--2010: EcoGRID: development of analysis procedures on species and multi-species data (e.g. trend analysis, spatio-temporal interpolation algorithms, visualisation techniques for multivariate data) for the recently completed 'National Database Flora & Fauna' in the Netherlands.
- 2005--2007: Monitoring the state of European soils (MOSES) - development of novel digital soil mapping techniques
- 1999--2003: PhD researcher at ITC, topic: "Pedometric mapping"; involved in evaluation of adequacy and usability of soil resource inventories in Croatia
- 2003--2005/2008: Website administrator of the pedometrics.org, Pedometrics society of IUSS spatial-accuracy.org, research group; geomorphometry.org, research group;
- Best paper award for the Computers and geosciences for year 2006;
- Keynote lecturer at the Spatial Statistics 2011 conference in Enschede;
- >100 citations for the article "A generic framework for spatial prediction of soil variables based on regression-kriging" (based on Google Scholar);
- More than 10k downloads (from unique IPs) of the "Practical Guide to Geostatistical Mapping";
- Two nominations for the best paper awards for Pedometrics;
- See also: publication statistics based on Google Scholar and WoS;
- Roghorst 206, 6708 KT Wageningen
- J.J. Strossmayer 172, 31000 Osijek - HR, tel: ++385-31-303-071
"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known." -Leonardo da Vinci
"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." -Carl Sagan
"What I want to be remembered for is no one book, or no dozen books. Any single thing I have written can be paralleled or even surpassed by something someone else has done. However, my total corpus for quantity, quality and variety can be duplicated by no one else. That is what I want to be remembered for." -Isaac Asimov
"The only way to predict the future is to invent it." -Alan Kay *he recently modified this to: "The only way to predict the future is to prevent it."
"Half of being smart is knowing what you are dumb about." -Solomon Short
"Character is destiny" -Heraclitus
"There is always a little more toothpaste in the tube." -Bill Bryson
"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." -Unknown
"I've never met another man I'd rather be" -Charles Bukowski
"This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures" -Heraclitus
Books I think you should read
- Free culture
- A short history of nearly everything
- The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood
- 01.03.2013. Permanent staff at ISRIC World Soil Information institute in Wageningen.
- 01.09.2010. Joined the ISRIC World Soil Information institute in Wageningen.
- 01.11.2007. Entered Faculty of Science, Universitet van Amsterdam as a post-doctoral researcher.
- 12.10.2007. Received the 2006 Best Paper Award of Computers and Geosciences for paper "Choosing the right pixel size".
- 01.06.2005. Entered JRC, Ispra, Italy as a research officer.
- May, 2005. Visiting lecturer at University of University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences in Vienna (BOKU).
- June-July, 2004. Visiting lecturer at University of University of Hohenheim.
- 25.03.2004. Promoted to the status of assistant professor.
- 17.09.2003. Defended a PhD thesis and received doctor and PE&RC postgraduate program diplomas.
- 29.07-12.08.2002. Visited "School of land, water and crop sciences", University of Sydney.
- 1-7.09.2001. Participated in Eurisy summer school on Environmental Security.
- March, 2000. Started the PhD study at ITC entitled "Pedometric Soil Survey Methodology".
- 25.02.2000. Graduated with distinction on ITC, MSc degree.
- February, 1997. Started the PhD study at ITC entitled "Pedometric Soil Survey Methodology".
- 13.12.1996. Graduates (BSc) in the area of terrestrial photogrammetry.
- 07.06.1996. Awarded with The Rectors price for the best student scientific work in the area of bio-technical sciences.
- October, 1995. Awarded as the best student in generation, based on the average score during the enrollment in the last year of study.